With more than 36 microbreweries across the state, Kentucky is home to wonderful locally-brewed beer. Clean water is vital to great beer and our waterways.
Without strong legal protections our rivers, streams and wetlands are at risk from pollution such as sewage and agricultural waste. Kentucky Waterways Alliance is asking you to help defend clean water and great beer by take action today.
CLEAN WATER BETTER BEER
Beer is over 90% water. Besides being a key ingredient, clean water is also essential to the health of our communities. It’s because of this that Kentucky Waterways Alliance is reaching out to Kentucky’s proud breweries to help protect our state’s water.
THE BREWERS’ PLEDGE
- Support clean water initiatives throughout the Commonwealth
- Promote the importance of clean water to the beer industry and the economic vitality of Kentucky
- Provide testimonials of the importance of clean water to the brewing craft
- Act as a watchdog for brewery watersheds
- Alert brewers of threats or pending permits that endanger Kentucky’s water resources
- Act as a voice for clean water and its importance to the beer industry
We hope to unite the voices of industry and local communities for clean water. It is essential to great beer but even more, it is critical for public health and the health of a wide range of industries. Add your voice and join us in the defense of this essential resource.
WANT TO SIGN THE PLEDGE?
Contact Lisa Hale at Kentucky Waterways Alliance.