Our Commonwealth is world renowned as the birthplace of bourbon, and home to roughly 97% of the world’s bourbon production. Many of the world’s finest whiskeys are distilled in the Bluegrass and this is in large part due to the only ingredient that other places don’t have…Kentucky’s limestone rich water. It is critical to protect this very important resource. Clean water is vital to great bourbon and our waterways need us!
Without strong legal protections our rivers, streams, and wetlands are at risk from pollution such as
sewage and agricultural waste. Kentucky Waterways Alliance is asking you to help defend clean water and great bourbon by taking action today!
Besides being a key ingredient in great bourbon clean water is also essential to the health of our communities. It’s because of this that Kentucky Waterways Alliance is reaching out to Kentucky’s proud distilleries to help protect our
THE DISTILLERS’ PLEDGE
- Support clean water initiatives throughout the Commonwealth
- Promote the importance of clean water to the bourbon
- industry and the economic vitality of Kentucky
- Provide testimonials of the importance of clean water to the bourbon craft
- Act as a watchdog for distillery watersheds
- Alert distilleries of threats or pending permits that endanger Kentucky’s water resources
- Act as a voice for clean water and its importance to the bourbon industry
We hope to unite the voices of industry and local communities for clean water. It is essential to
great bourbon but even more, it is critical for public health and the health of a wide range of industries.
To add your voice and join us in the defense of this essential resource, contact Charles Frank.