If you have experience as an office administrator and you are looking for a part-time position, we would love to hear from you. Our office administrator plays a vital role on our small team in the areas of general operations, office management, bookkeeping, and financial reporting. Working with the executive director (ED), the office administrator will manage office administration, provide financial support, and assist with special events.
The job is a part-time position (10 to 20 hours per week) that may require some work during evenings or weekends during outreach events. The role includes paid holidays; flexible hours; Simple IRA retirement account with matching contribution; and professional development support.
- General Administrative Support
• Field phone calls and greet visitors
• Sort mail and manage outgoing mail
• General document and Dropbox filing
• Maintain office calendar
• Order office/program supplies/T-Shirts
• Maintain copiers and Wi-Fi connectivity
• Maintain organization of office areas and closet
- Finance Support
• Create daily deposit ledger in Excel spreadsheet
• Email bank statements and reconciliation reports monthly to Board Treasurer
• Record Donations in Salesforce
• Complete donor acknowledgements in a timely manner
• Maintain records for taxable sales items
• Update timesheet spreadsheet
• Coordinate insurance renewals and annual quotes
• Coordinate with KWA accountants
• Generate reports on membership, donation history, campaigns, and other development information.
- Special Events/Board meeting Support
• Available to provide support to special events
• Work in concert with coworkers and volunteers on event planning
• Point person to coordinate Board meeting packets and ensure facility for the meeting is accessible
• Run errands as needed
- Preferred Qualifications/Experience
• Experience in office administration, non-profit experience a plus
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,including willingness and ability to work effectively as part of a team and with diverse groups
• Flexible and a self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail oriented.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the mission of Kentucky Waterways Alliance.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Mail, Calendar, Contacts systems.
• Experience with the contact management and fundraising database Salesforce or similar systems
• Experience with QuickBooks desktop version a plus
• Valid driver’s license
- Application Process
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail. No telephone calls please. Position is currently open and will remain open until filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – Kentucky Waterways Alliance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.