Kentucky Waterways Alliance is a membership-based nonprofit. This means that while we do receive grant funding, we couldn’t keep doing what we do best without the generous support of our almost 1,000 dedicated members and countless hours of volunteer work!
We pride ourselves on our dedication to maintaining sustainability as an organization by seeking out diverse sources of income, including membership payments and general donations, events, small family foundation grants, major foundation grants, and state and federal government grants.
We’d like to thank the following for their generous support:
- McKnight Foundation – funds KWA’s partnership with the Mississippi River Collababorative
- Aveda – Earth Month Partnership
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency – grant authorized by the Clean Water Act Amendments of 1987, Section 319(h) through the Kentucky Division of Water, Nonpoint Source Section and the Kentucky Division of Conservation
- Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Forest Service
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service